23 March 2006

Mama's Interview



Here is another fresh interview - from one of the coolest dolls on this planet. Gabriella the lady behind Mama Clothing.
Thanks again Gabriella.

When was Mama established and why did you decide to start such a unique clothing line?
Mama was started in the middle of 2004 in the ashes of my first company "Cybelle". I ran Cybelle with a partner for three years, after a while we just started going in different directions. We decided that it was best to call it quits before we killed each other. Mama was a concept that Ali and I wanted to do way back and dropping Cybelle gave us the opportunity to really focus our energies on something together. Mama tries to do more than just legitimize women’s streetwear, our goal is really to introduce unique products, whether tangible or organizational, to fill voids in the market. This year we are introducing M.I.S.S. to the world, in addition to Mama’s Jewels with Bijules NYC and the Montana “Hello My Name Is…” set. We have a few things up our selves for the latter part of the year. This year is going to be fun.

The New Era Ladies Fitted 5950 sample is fresh. How did that come about?

I met with New Era down in LA a few months ago and they dropped the idea of doing a woman’s 5950. They were feeling the market out at that point, it took one more visit and a few emails to lock it down. We are really excited about the opportunity to work with them. They hooked me up with a basic sample last time I was down in LA,….just to get an idea of the specs. We’re starting the design process this week. I would love to blab about what we’re thinking about, but you’ll have to wait and see.

All of your Ladies and Men’s lines are super fresh - where do you get your ideas from?

Thanks for the compliment. We’re really just getting started. Our ideas come from all over. TV, music, magazines, childhood memories, lunch, you name it….there is a nugget of inspiration in everything. It’s funny when Ali and I go out at night. You’ll usually find us in the corner of the bar or wherever throwing ideas back and forth…just making each other crack up. Ali just came up with the idea to start a men’s bag line called “The SACK”. I don’t think it will get passed the concept phase.

Top 5 albums?
Ever? Oh Jeez . . . so hard! I’ll try . . .these always sound good to me . . .
1 – Kind of Blue – Miles Davis
2 – Black on Both Sides – Mos Def
3 – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill – Lauryn Hill
4 – The Low End Theory – A Tribe Called Quest
5 – Bob Marley Box Set – I know it’s 4 cds . . oh well.

Top 5 artists?
You’re killing me! Another hard one!
1 - Miss Van
2 - Sam Flores
3 - Kelly Tunstall
4 - Toofly
5 - Junko Mizuno

Top 5 designers?
I’m going high end on this one. . .
1 – Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel
2 – Louis Vuitton
3 – Gucci for accessories
4 – Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
5 – Marc Jacobs

What's next for Mama?
You’ll just have to wait and see. I know I’m excited.

Thanks Gabriella - Anyone you would like to thank?
You for taking the time out to listen to me blab! Ali, The Reverend Liz Love, Jules from Bijules NYC, Kapi and the rest of the Montana Crew, Jason Maggio at Vapors, Yasi Salek, DJ Zita, DJ Elle, Peppa, Toofly, jeez . . so many people! All of our friends, customers and boutiques that support and believe in mama. All of the websites and magazines that show us love. And of course . . . my mama and the rest of the fam!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://ghejfdkm.com/luxv/wzjq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fovwsubr.com/vswp/lkmu.html]Cool site[/url]

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ghejfdkm.com/luxv/wzjq.html | http://swniojtj.com/bznk/ifem.html

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Blockbuster.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Furry Vengeance 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home